Another new and exciting year is just around the corner, and as always those who are starting to learn about search engine optimization may ask how to SEO?
First Rule to Learn About SEO
Google has strict guidelines for website owners, basically, it requires that you create mobile friendly website and make your web pages easy to use and also accessible for Google search engine crawlers.
Basics of On Page SEO
First you create targeted content, for example: if you are blogging, you could create a content about how your day was productive. Or, you could create content around keywords which are searched by your ideal audience. And you can do that thorough keyword research to find what your potential customers are searching for.
Targeted and Optimized Content Creation
3. Also explore Keyword Research using Google Keyword Planner tool because it will then allow you to group set of keywords which you can begin optimizing your website for.
Then you create content according to the keywords you grouped together. But critically, realize that your website must present that content so that it is easy to use on mobile devices. Investing in improving landing page usability not only will help your Google search engine rankings, but it will also help your website conversion objectives.
Here’s How to Do on Page SEO
4. Optimize Landing Pages As you can see in the above sample, search engine optimizing your landing pages will require the insertion of keywords on HTML elements so that search engines can determine what the content is about analyzing keywords and web page structure.
Mobile Device Compatibility
5. Create a Mobile Responsive Website that works well across all devices (Laptop, Desktop, Smartphone, iPad etc.). Mobile web lessons learned from analyzing websites at scale
Your website must be fully accessible on mobile devices and smart phones because Google is heavily targeting mobile device market and will reward websites that are mobile ready & friendly.
Keep in mind that just because your website passes the mobile friendly testing tool doesn’t mean that its mobile friendly. Instead, conduct usability testing on mobile devices and see the interaction a typical visitor will have when using their mobile device.
Google Web Developer Tool Mobile Device Emulation can be used for this purpose.
AMP Pages are Becoming Important But May Not Be Ideal
6. Accelerated Mobile Pages My opinion for AMP pages has changed as to its benefits, thousands of websites are not AMP compatible. Considering the number of websites competing in online business arena means that you want to stay ahead, although Google is already favoring AMP sites over non-AMP versions most website owners can not afford to maintain AMP version of their website.
Keep in mind that just using Accelerated Mobile Pages isn’t the only answer because, you still have to make sure to cater for:
- Optimize Your Website Fully so that It is Fast Loading
- Make Sure Your Website is Mobile Friendly and Responsive
When you follow the insights above, then, you can rest assured knowing that your website uses just one version, and, also provides great user experience regardless of the device used by your visitors. That means focus on mobile usability for just 1 version of your website.
Structured Data for SEO
Because major search engines now support and understand schema markup structured data. This basically means that you can and should make sure that your web site is fully structured using either schema.org Microdata or JSON-LD.
As these are SEO trends for today’s Google ranking world, mobile usability and page load speed optimization is a must.
Always remember to create content that your ideal audience wants to find online: how to’s, manuals, guides, where is the address for certain nearby landmarks, what is, why is, how does, type of questions are a great way to build long term success as well as get top Google rankings.
And that’s what everyone should focus on becoming the authority / resource website.