If you’ve never deleted your Google history before, then you’d be surprised to know how much data Google has collected about your activity. Also, its actually smarter practice to keep your computer (or mobile phone) running smoothly to permanently delete your Google history. But how do I permanently delete my google history? Here are the steps you need to follow:
Video Showing How to Permanently Delete Google History
Additional Information for Deleting Google Account History
- First make sure you are logged in to your Google account. Then visit Google Account Activity Controls
- On the right hand side of the screen press on “Delete Activity by“
- Then select Delete by date > All Time
Note: make sure to select All products if you want every piece of data associated with Google tracking such as Ads, Image, Video or web search and others to be deleted from your google account.
If you want specific items such as browsing history only to be deleted from your Google accounts, and asking how do I permanently delete my browsing history then follow these simple steps.
Quick and easy method where you could copy and paste below in to the Chrome Address bar and press enter,
As that will bring you to the same options for Clear browsing data, simply select which browsing history you want deleted, and press
Clear Your Browsing History Only
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click on the little 3 dots ⋮
- Click History and select History (or use keyboard shortcut CTRL+H))
- On the left, click Clear browsing data. A box will appear.
- From the drop-down menu, select how much history you want to delete. To clear everything, select the beginning of time.
- Check the boxes for the info you want Chrome to clear, including “browsing history.”
- Click Clear browsing data.
Now That My Google Activity is Completely Deleted
You have two options at this stage, you can choose either stop/pause Google saving your activity, or, select which types of activity Google should store about your usage of its popular Google Chrome browser
Stop saving activity Permanently
You can prevent searches, browsing history, and most other activity from being saved to your account by following these steps
- On your computer, go to Activity controls.
- Turn off the activity you don’t want to save.
- To confirm, selectPause.
If at this stage you are still unsure about how to permanently delete your Google History visit RankYa YouTube channel for more Google account management related video tutorials