Social media marketing requires bit of practice to get it perfected for your particular niche and market. The reason for this is because no two businesses are the same, so therefore, your voice on social media platforms will also be unique. That means, if anything, you need to do your own tests to see what works best for your business.
The greatest insights I can share with you is that you learn to NOT market on Facebook, but rather, understand what people (your ideal customers) do on Facebook. Because most small business owners treat Facebook business page as an opportunity to advertise their products and service only without considering the mode visitors are in when on Facebook.
What that means is that unlike Google Adwords showing your ads to people in search mode, Facebook shows your ads to its user base when they are in different mode. Social media participation mode. That is why:
First tip for marketing your Facebook Business Page “Don’t advertise your products or services” in fact don’t even begin your FB advertising campaigns first before “creating content that will be consumed”.
Because if you are starting out on Facebook promoting your business products and services, then it is more than likely that you may have read all the information about Social Media Marketing. On this page I will present some considerations for you to use for your own FB marketing.
Facebook Business Page Marketing Insights by RankYa
- Golden rule: stop listening to those so called social media marketing experts because only you know who your target audience is, and only you know your own product’s value
- Define your objective clearly (begin with Page Likes to build momentum first). Then you can branch out to other objectives because if your Facebook Business Page doesn’t have the fan base, other objectives are harder to accomplish
- Create audiences (for 0.01 likes, show your ads to diverse countries that speak English) press here for their list
- Identify & create content that will be of interest (Images, Tips and Tricks, Videos, PDF infographic, inspiration, stories, cute images, or anything else depending on your target audience’s interests)
- Advertise that and not your own products or services to begin with (because people using Facebook don’t want to be sold) but they will do the buying from you because you brought them to your Facebook Business Page (if not straight away, perhaps later because now they are aware of your business instead of your competitors)
- Set aside small amount of $$$ to advertise using interest based targeting
- Use different creatives and speak directly with your audience
- Fine tune your advertising creative according to initial advertising result (improve till its perfect so that it works on autopilot)
- Ask your visitors to share the content they have liked with their friends (or give incentives to do so)
- Be unique, authentic, just be yourself and let your ads and the content you are promoting do the talking
At the end of the day, Facebook is part of our lives, and Facebook advertising is an important channel which allows you to reach a global audience you need to grow your business with.