If you ever used Yoast SEO Plugin, then you know that it is just becoming more and more annoying with all the PopUps. Not anymore, because I created a new plugin RankYa Make Yoast Better Plugin
Because in 2016, Yoast has evolved from a simple SEO plugin to become annoying plugin. With popups and links taking control over your Dashboard, its becoming hard to concentrate on what really matters ‘content publishing’.
It seems that developers of Yoast are getting bit confused, meaning, instead of providing a simple to use, functional SEO plugin for WordPress, you & I are forced to endure all the links to sales focused expensive SEO services and annoying popups.
For example: recently they added “Focus Keywords” option. Which by the way is nothing more than the most retarded way to think about keywords. As explained in the Art of WordPress SEO Course targeting keywords isn’t about that.
Furthermore, here’s another retarded link rel=”next” setting which doesn’t make any sense at all, especially for certain pages like the home page (Think! what is next for that link relationship when its on a home page)
Being frustrated of late with all the notices and popups and unrelated to SEO features of Yoast SEO plugin, I created new functions and a plugin.
Sample Functions Only
IMPORTANT: this is for power users who can edit functions.php file (use at your own risk as no warranty of any kind is given)
All you have to do is dowload, unzip, copy and paste the contents of this file in your theme functions.php file.
RankYa Make Yoast SEO Better Plugin
As a bonus for RankYa Fans I’ve also created a plugin and added bonus functions taken out of Magic Schema Plugin such as:
- Schema Markup Accessibility Features for single blog posts
- Unique search results page meta tags that tell search engines like Google to not index Search Results Pages (although Google is advanced in indexing websites, for WordPress it often times indexes the search results page creating duplicate indexes for a typical WordPress CMS built sites).
- itemprop=name just for the front page by pulling data from your Site’s Name
- Removed un-needed notices
- Unique meta keywords tag (including itemprop keywords) for single posts by pulling the tags from the single blog posts
Important Note: if you are using RankYa Theme, you don’t need to use this plugin.
Plugin version can be downloaded here Installation > Login to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New > (Select the folder you downloaded to your local computer) Install > Activate and then say goodbye to unneeded elements from Yoast Plugin
Thanks for spreading the word about #RankYa #SEO and #WordPress #Plugins